Pelago Dental is always on the lookout for caring and compassionate people to join our team!
We currently have 1 position available.
Dental Clinic Assistant
Posted: 19th March, 2023
Karratha, Port Hedland, Karratha & Pilbara WA
Dental (Healthcare & Medical)
Full time or Part Time
$25 – $34.99 per hour
Pelago Dental is seeking a caring, motivated and professional dental assistant to join our busy practice in Karratha, WA.
Experience preferred. Trainee positions available for candidate with a great attitude and desire to stay with the company long term. (You will have dental industry experience to receive $30 per hour or higher)
Remuneration commensurate with level of experience.
- Full time or part-time position: 3-4 days – Have a long weekend every weekend!
- 8am start required, some flexibility possible with finish time
- No weekend work required.
- Ideally, you would have dental experience and/or a Cert III or IV in Dental Assisting.
- Medical/healthcare industry reception experience would also be advantageous
- You should be able to use Windows and the MS Office programs, Dental 4 Windows experience highly regarded.
About the Clinic:
Pelago Dental is a modern, computerised and independently accredited private practice located in Karratha, in regional north-western Australia.
We are well-established, extremely busy and independently accredited. Our mission is to treat our patients to the highest standard of care.
We work hard but we have fun doing it!
The role would involve and is not limited to:
- Dental reception duties (making appointments, receiving calls, answering patient and non-patient queries)
- Chairside assisting duties
- Sterilisation and instrument re-processing
- Treatment co-ordinating patient cases
- Processing account payments (HICAPS and EFTPOS)
The successful candidate would have the following attributes:
- Be honest, punctual and display a professional manner and high degree of personal presentation at work
- Show a strong work ethic and sense of initiative
- Display compliance with infection control protocols
- Written and oral communication skills should be excellent
- Be computer literate
- Display team spirit
- Be enthusiastic for your work and motivated to improve and upskill
- Flexible with availability
In return we offer:
- The opportunity to work in a role where you are helping people – be a part of making patients lives better by helping them to smile with confidence or be relieved from dental pain
- An employer who will treat you as a valued team member and reward great performance. Fair remuneration in accordance with your knowledge and experience
- Ongoing training opportunities. Quarterly team building events and structured onboarding program.
- The opportunity to work in a stable business and have secure, long-term employment
Please note that this is a residential position. Applications sent without a cover letter will not be considered.